What Is PCMH Care?
The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) initiative is revolutionizing primary care in the United States. Thanks to highly effective coordination and a personalized approach, the PCMH strategy enhances the range and quality of the medical care you receive and improves your overall patient experience.
The PCMH model expands the responsibilities that primary care providers have for patient health outcomes and offers several important benefits to participating patients:
- comprehensive care – By utilizing a team-based system that employs an array of medical professionals, we can address the entire spectrum of primary care, including wellness and prevention, acute care, chronic care, mental health, and other specialized services.
- patient-centered care – Our holistic approach to medical care revolves around each individual’s particular needs and conditions, wherein the patient takes an active role in managing their type and level of service.
- coordinated care – A PCMH incorporates a range of facility types such as specialty care, hospitals, home health care, and community services. The meticulous care coordination helps patients transition smoothly between care sites, and helps facilitate careful communication between all patients and providers.
- service accessibility – Patients in the PCMH system enjoy shorter waiting times for urgent care, extended in-person office hours, and 24-hour access to team members via phone or Internet.
- quality and safety – By engaging in evidence-based medicine, taking advantage of clinical decision-support tools, and practicing population health management, the PCMH is best-equipped to deliver positive health outcomes. High priority is given to performance evaluation and patient satisfaction.
In short, the PCMH model improves organization, streamlines communication, promotes education, encourages prevention, and capitalizes on information technology. It places an emphasis on data sharing and aggregation, and it allows patients to take advantaged of each team member’s specialized training.
Omni-Med is proud to be a part of Horizon Healthcare Innovations’ patient-centered medical home (PCMH) program, which rewards doctors for tracking patients’ long-term health and helps fund care-coordination enhancements, serving to improve the quality of care you receive. Horizon’s team-based coordinated program has already been shown to boost the level of care while keeping costs lower.
Omni-Med Family Care is also participating in the Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) initiative, sponsored by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The program is designed to stimulate partnership between public and private healthcare payers and intended to bolster primary care and lower costs for Medicare patients by promoting superior care coordination.
Only 500 primary-care practices nationwide were asked to take part in the CPC initiative after an intensive application process based on an assortment of criteria, including utilization of medical information technology and a commitment to upgrading services. More than 300,000 Medicare patients will benefit from the new program.
Supportive, responsive, convenient, and highly coordinated medical care has always been Omni-Med’s objective, and we look forward to upholding that standard through our continued participation in such cutting-edge healthcare initiatives.